Internet-based teaching is becoming more and more popular for all those who are seeking online learning fun. With the net becoming an effective teaching medium, it has also turned into the main communication means in distance education.
There are two main categories of on-line learners:
- Students: They are avidly seeking this avenue to undertake lessons from home. The learning process may involve either taking computer print outs or downloading modules.
- Executives: The corporate sector has also benefited hugely from web curriculums. The competitive necessity for knowledge-based organizations has been a major factor in corporates stressing on such programs. Since the web is the fastest way of knowing about latest technologies and information updates, it is a smart way of enhancing employee proficiency. Moreover, more and more executives are looking for a quick and easy way to adding to their skill sets, in the highly competitive scenario.
Online learning packages are of three main types:
- Non-formal: This process is as simple as collecting resources for self-study and specialized research, such as for school projects, homework, classroom or corporate boardroom presentations.
- Formal: This involves registering for an on-line course with an educational institution. At the end of the course, students add to their qualifications with a diploma or degree.
- Online Corporate Programs: Corporate houses generally sponsor such training modules for enhancing the expertise of staff and providing them with latest industry information.
Some popular on-line courses are:
- Preschool games: Cartoon builders and rhyming are some games nursery students enjoy. Kindergarten packages are very popular.
- Subject-based games for elementary students: They are great ways of introducing your kids to online learning fun. For instance, math games and history quizzes help elementary school students learn faster and getting over their subject hitches. Various websites allow you to download such games free. It even has ways to teach chemistry equations faster and with complete online learning fun.
- Interactive games and activities: This type of online learning fun involves brainteasers, puzzles, general knowledge quizzes, flash cards, word games. Halloween games are another fun activity that is available on the Web.
- IQ Tests and Logical Thinking: They help hone students’ learning and reasoning skills. These may include reading, writing, manners, social norms, techniques of friendship and many more topics.
- On-line storybooks: They can help safe guard children’s reading habits.
- Stress-buster games: These Internet games give updates on stress factors and ways it can affect you. They have additional features like fun games that help relieve stress. These games are tailor made for executives.
- Card games: This is a favorite among all, from homemakers to corporate honchos. It is the ultimate in online learning fun and there is one great thing it teaches everyone and that is patience.
Learning online is not only fun but time saving and cost effective too. It’s a perfect solution for busy professionals and students seeking knowledge outside their text books.